Warranty and Returns
Warranty Returns Policy
All products sold by himarkcomputers.com come with a warranty (with the exception of consumable products or software) with the period stated in the listing on Ebay account under himarkcomputers.com or the website of himarkcomputers.com. The warranty warrants you that the product you receive is in good and working condition to serve its purpose as specified by the manufacturers or us in the listing.
If an item sold by himarkcomputers.com (in our Ebay account or the himarkcomputers.com website) is confirmed to be defective, not working or not serving the purpose specified when it is received, it will be treated as DOA (Dead On Arrival). The warranty period for DOA is 7 days from the date the item is delivered to you.
Any products found to be defective within the warranty period specified by himarkcomputers.com (in our Ebay account or the himarkcomputers.com website) will be claimable and honoured by himarkcomputers.com (in our Ebay account or the himarkcomputers.com website).
For all products sold by himarkcomputers.com (in our Ebay account or the himarkcomputers.com website) that stated himarkcomputers.com as the warrantor, fulfilments for the warranty will be either of the following:
Repair of the defective product to be in working order
Replacement of the defective product with a new similar item if it is beyond repair or DOA
Offer of a replacement product which is either a new model or higher value model to replace the defective product that is either EOL or does not have a definite ETA
Providing a credit refund to the customer's himarkcomputers.com account to be used for future transactions. The amount credited will be the amount you paid for the item including postage charges.
Provide a full refund to the customer. This will only apply when the item is beyond repair, takes an unreasonable time to repair or has become EOL.
For all products sold by himarkcomputers.com (in our Ebay account or the himarkcomputers.com website) that stated Manufacturer Warranty, we strongly suggest that you contact the manufacturer first. Their support team is more knowledgeable in diagnosing and resolving the problem than us. Approaching the problem this way will minimise or avoid delay with us acting as a middleman. We are able to provide any contact details such as an email or telephone number for the manufacturer should you need it. We are glad to step in to help out if you require further assistance.
Procedure to Claim:
We understand the importance of having a good warranty claim procedure so that any faulty or damaged products can be replaced or treated in the most efficient manner. We advise customers to follow our warranty claim procedure as below and not to send us the faulty product until instructed to do so:
- For claims to manufacturer, if a warranty card exists, please follow the instructions on the warranty card to make a warranty claim. The relevant Manufacturer will step in and assist and advise on the procedure to claim this warranty. In situation where no warranty card exists, please check our website’s FAQ for contact details of the relevant Manufacturer. Our recommendation is to first consult the relevant manufacturer for products covered under manufacturer warranty to avoid delays in resolving your warranty. This is because these types of products usually require high level of specialized knowledge and skills to resolve. They have the expertise and ability to service the warranty claims should it arise and going through them for this type of warranty is in fact faster and more efficient. Alternatively, you contact us (Guest) or lodge a dispute (Members), providing your order number, date of purchase and detailed description of the problem. Our technical department will get in touch with you upon receiving your claim. Once a claim is accessed and deemed to be valid, we will issue you a RMA (Return Authorisation) number as your reference number to return the product.
- For all DOA claims (including manufacturer’s warranty), please contact us (Guest) or lodge a dispute (Members), providing your order number, date of purchase and detailed description of the problem. Our technical department will in touch with you upon receiving your claim. Once a claim is accessed and deemed to be valid, we will issue you a RMA (Return Authorisation) number as your reference number to return the product.
- For all warranty claims that fall outside the DOA period, but within the warranty period stated to be covered by himarkcomputers.com or Himark Computers’s Ebay account, please contact us (Guest) or lodge a dispute (Members), providing your order number, date of purchase and detailed description of the problem. Our technical department will in touch with you upon receiving your claim. Once a claim is accessed and deemed to be valid, we will issue you a RMA (Return Authorisation) number as your reference number to return the product.
This section applies to Warranty cover by Himark Computers Ebay account or himarkcomputers.com as mentioned in the listing. Once your receive an RMA number and have been instructed to return the product to us, you can follow our instructions to send back the item. Please DO NOT send the item back before you receive any RMA number or proper instructions. Doing so will mean you did not follow our warranty claim procedure properly and we are not responsible for the loss of the product during transit or in our warehouse. Within our instructions to return the faulty item, our technical department will advise you of the courier you need to use for sending back the item. The delivery method chosen for return is usually same as the initial courier, although it may be different at times, during which we reserve the right to nominate our return courier used.
The following conditions need to be met when you are returning the faulty product to us:
- You need to make sure the faulty item is securely packed so the returning courier can safely deliver it. It will be good if you still have the original packaging, but in cases where you do not, you need to look for packaging that can offer similar level of protection to pack the item.
- You must include the following information and require out the outside of the packaging before you send the item:
Your Full Name
Your Order Number
Your RMA number given to you for this specific claim.
Return the faulty product within 10 days from the date of issue of your RMA number.
Customer need to pay for the faulty products to be send back to us, be it DOA or after DOA period. If items returned to us are diagnosed to be non faulty, you will also be charged the delivery fee for sending the item back to you.
Faulty item will not qualify for warranty claims even though they fall within the stated warranty period by distributor, manufacturer or Himark Computers ebay account or himarkcomputers.com if they fall under this group of conditions:
Physical Damage on the product not caused in the event during transit (DOA) but caused during mishandling, incorrect use of product for its purposes, improper installation of product, by accident, insect or vermin infestation, improper method or failure to maintain service and handle the item with reasonable care.
The product has been modified using unauthorised methods. Any modifications on the product including physical and software modifications using 3rd party unauthorised software such as 3rd party firmware updates will void the warranty of products.
The warranty seal or serial number of the item has been tampered.
The item has been serviced by another party other than himarkcomputers.com
Change of Mind Returns
We allow change of mind purchase (with exception to software) up to 7 days from the date the item is delivered or available for pick up at your local post office if it has not been collected (whichever is earlier). You need to contact us (guest) or open a dispute (members), providing your full name, order number, the product you wish to return and data of purchase and indicating your intention to return the item.
Our RA department will then issue you a RMA number with proper instructions on how to return the item. In cases of change of mind returns, we only allow exchange of products to any other products in our store but not the exact same model, or as a himarkcomputers.com credits.
In the event that the item is returned to be exchanged with another product, the difference in the price to pay for the to be exchanged product will be treated as the total price of the to be exchanged product (price + postage) less the price of the original product, less the delivery cost of original product (if the item is sold under free delivery, a minimum of $8.95 will be charged depending on the weight of the product). A handling fee of $10 or 10% will apply whichever is higher.
If the price of the to be exchanged product is lesser in value than the original product, a himarkcomputers.com credit refund for the difference of the above mentioned calculation method will be issued. In the event where a credit refund is requested immediately for the change of mind return, the value of the credit will be equivalent to the price of the original product, less the delivery cost of original product.
The following conditions need to be met for change of mind returns:
The item to be returned must be in new 100% resalable condition,
with all internal and external packaging, any accessories, instruction manual
or labels included when send back. We reserve the right to reject any change of
mind returns in the event that we find the received product not in new 100%
resalable condition and is damaged or in a condition we feel unfit for resell.
If the item is rejected for a change of mind return when we receive the
product, we will charge you $20 or up to 15% restocking and handling fee
(instead of 10%), whichever higher, for the time and resources involved, upon
determining that the item is not in 100% resalable condition but can be sold as
refurbished product .
- Do not stick or write anything extra on the packaging of the item, only do so on the external packaging of the item.
The item returned has to be securely packaged so the returning courier can safely deliver it.
The item must be returned within 10 days from the date of issue of your RMA number for the item.
Changes to Warranty and Return Policy
We will constantly review our warranty and return policy to improve or update new information. Any changes to the policy will be updated in our website news page.
We reserve the right to change our warranty, returns, terms and conditions at any time without notice.